26.11.13

Messi is always asking me about City, claims Zabaleta

Manchester City fans might find it intriguing to know that Lionel Messi is interested in what life is like at the club.
Pablo Zabaleta revealed that he often talks to the Barcelona superstar about how things are at the Etihad.
The Argentine pair used to live close together - when Zabaleta used to play at Espanyol, who play only 8.5km away from the Nou Camp.
Interested: Lionel Messi (centre) often speaks to Pablo Zabaleta about life at the Etihad
Interested: Lionel Messi (centre) often speaks to Pablo Zabaleta about life at the Etihad
Sliding in: Zabaleta pictured challenging Jan Vertonghen on Sunday afternoon
Sliding in: Zabaleta pictured challenging Jan Vertonghen on Sunday afternoon


'I remember when we were in Barcelona, we were very close friends,' said Zabaleta, as reported in the Mirror.  'We had known each other for a number of years - I was just starting out at Espanyol and Lionel was at Barca.
'When I signed for City, I think two days later the news broke that Sheikh Mansour had bought the club and Lionel always recalls that I joined at such a fantastic time.
'He asked me a lot about City, but I couldn’t tell him much because I didn’t know much myself. It’s something we often talk about, plus the fact that I’m still here.'
Zabaleta signed for Man City in 2008 and is a fan favourite at the Etihad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment